Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Week in Review



This is what we think of cell phone bills.

Anyway...

There aren't a whole lot of updates, really. This was just a pretty normal week. Peanut continues to amaze us all by growing several inches a day.

We continue to make progress toward the family goal of Finishing Grad School. Brendan and I both met with our committees this week, though mine was less formal. Apparently I'm going to be defending my dissertation on December 9 or 10. I suppose this means I better get to finishing it!

Elliot is doing really well in daycare. We are so lucky to have found this place. He's finally napping well there and seems to relish sucking on a toy giraffe. One day this week I dropped him off and then peeked in the window where I saw Miss Jessie dancing with him. It was such a sweet sight that I teared up.

He really seems to have an extraordinary focus. I'm going to try to get a short video clip of him in the bathtub. It's so funny--what he wants to do in the tub is KICK. You can't catch his eye, he doesn't smile, doesn't cry, doesn't do anything but stare at those feet and he'll go until I take him out because he's winded. The other day I went to check in on him while he was asleep (on a futon mattress on the floor) and he was awake and creeping towards a bottle I'd left on the floor. He was so intent that he didn't react to the door opening.

We're making slow but steady progress on the solid foods. So far he just eats single-grain oatmeal and rice cereal--the pediatrician says he should be having about 9 tablespoons a day, but we're lucky to get 6 because it takes so long and such a small amount makes it into his mouth anyway. But he's a great helper, grabbing the spoon and shoving it whichever-way-up in the general direction of his mouth.

Well, folks, I think that's about it! Hope you all are doing well and enjoying your weekends...

No comments: