Monday, September 1, 2008

Tomorrow, daycare

Heaven help us all.

Tomorrow, for the first time, we're taking Peanut to daycare. It's just going to be afternoons (12:30-5:30) and I know we need this, Brendan and I need this time, and I think it will be good for Peanut to get the time with caring, loving, competent adults who aren't us.

But jeez, this is hard. Brendan put him to bed tonight--in his own room! And we were laying there, Brendan already asleep, and I couldn't stop thinking about how now he's in his own room and pretty soon he's going to be spending 25 hours of his life every week with these people who are not me and not his daddy.

And I teared up and decided that I needed to get this blog started.

I want to try to back up, as I can, and document important things that happened in his life before this point in time, before he turned six months old! But for now I decided that I needed to get started so I can at least keep things current.

Our darling baby is such a sweetie and I'm crossing my fingers that things go well tomorrow. For all of us!

No comments: