Sunday, February 8, 2009

Apologies

Just wanted to let you all know that we're still here, alive and kicking, and I'm sorry for the long delay in posting. A few things are going on, mostly that Brendan and I are applying for jobs (so much more time-consuming than I thought it would be), I am defending my dissertation this Friday (the 13th!) and spending lots of time getting my presentation together now that I've gotten the actual chapters to my committee, and we have managed to misplace the camera. It's less exciting to post updates when I don't have pictures to go with them.

But since the last time I've written here, we went home for Christmas and it was wonderful and Elliot will be turning one at the end of the month! He is dancing, laughing much, making up new games, and walking while holding on to us or something else. No real signs of impending words--he can say Da-da, Ma-ma, and a few other things, but it's clear he isn't referring to anything in particular. We're still working on a bit of separation anxiety but he's doing better for the most part. The big challenge now seems to be trying to figure out different things to do with him when it's cold outside--we go to the library a lot (he and Brendan are there even as I type this) or Barnes and Noble, or the grocery store, but we will be so glad when spending serious time outside is an option again.

Anyway, love to you all and I hope to be updating more regularly soon.

No comments: