Saturday, November 1, 2008

Thoughts on Halloween



And they're going to be brief, because I'm about to toddle off to bed, but...

Oh, what a cute day today was! Elliot has a Nittany Lion costume (Penn State's mascot) and we justified buying it because it's going to be his snow suit, too. It's all plush and furry with paw prints on the feet, a long tail, a hood with little lion ears on it, and it's got a little paw on the bum, too. When I dropped him off at daycare, all the other kids were dressed up, too....there were lady bugs, supermen, spidermen, wizards, princesses, a Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, a bumblebee or two. They invited me back for their Halloween parade, and I'm so glad I went.

Elliot was the only really little one there today, so they had him in one of these indestructible four-kid buggies. He was strapped in, looking as calm as could be, just gazing around at the circus around him. His buggy-mates were a few kids who had disabilities that prevented them from walking very quickly or far, and he looked like such a little man with these older kids! His seat-mate kept patting his head and he took it like the cool customer he is. I'll add pictures to this tomorrow.

You know, I just can't wait for the day when he can burst into the house and yell "Mama!" and grab me around the waist, but I am so in love with this little person he is right now. This little person who recently discovered how to play peek-a-boo when he's wearing one of my winter hats that fall down over his face, or smack his lips like he's trying to blow a kiss, or do this sitting-up scootch that he's adopted as his primary mode of transportation instead of the crawl which usually sends him backwards instead of where he wants to go.

He's darn near perfect, if you ask me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not near perfect. He IS perfect!!!! Believe me, I spent time with this kid today. I should know. :)