Friday, October 10, 2008

Quick updates





Sorry I've not been doing a better job keeping up with things here.

In a nutshell:

Elliot has a tooth! I'm thinking by Halloween he'll look like a little Jack-O-Lantern. We've tried but not succeeded to get a picture showing this, but trust me, it's there.

He crawled for the first time! I was the only one who actually saw it, but trust me, it happened. Yesterday morning before daycare. I tried to get him to do it again when Brendan got home, and he got up on his hands and knees with no trouble, but he just sort of rocked front to back and mostly ended up scootching backwards. It's coming, though.

Tonight, this miracle angel-baby just rolled over and fell right asleep when I put him in the crib! No fussing, no nothing. I've got a much longer post about the general topic of "sleep training" coming up, but I just wanted to say at least this much. He's been going to sleep in his crib for one week exactly tonight. It's really different around the house when things are regular like this. It's almost totally good, but I do realize that we (or I, depending) had some time with him between 7 p.m. and when I went to sleep, so in a way this feels a little lonely, too. But mostly it's just good. He needs his sleep, and he's getting it. Go Elliot!

Brendan's friend from MIT is coming to visit for the weekend and meet Elliot. It should be a lot of fun. Hesky was one of Brendan's groomsmen in the wedding, and he moved to NYC to work for google maybe a year ago, but this will be the first time we've gotten together.

[Note to Mike & Carl--it is possible, and not even inconvenient, to come visit from New York for a weekend on Amtrak. We'd LOVE to see you! :) ]

That's about it for now; we hope you're all doing well. If you're reading this, we miss you!

(I added a few recent, random photos...)

No comments: